Monday, February 3, 2014

A Close Qualifying Miss For Mark

We'll the first stage is over and unfortunately I missed the cut. I had a decent round 1 scoring 73 in very windy conditions which left me tied for ninth. The second round was A very poor performance on the greens and after many three putts I finished with an 81 and missed the cut by four shots.

I am very disappointed at my finish here, my ball striking was exceptional but the putter let me down.  So while I am disappointed with the result I will take the positives (my ball striking) and review my short game for needed areas of improvement.

Failure lies on the road to success and I will look at this as another learning experience.
I am grateful that I have the talent , ambition, and opportunity to pursue this goal.  I will continue to work hard every time I tee it up, I will seize the opportunity to improve each day.
Professional golf is a journey , and as long as I can accept the fact that there are many twists and turns in this journey, it will turn out fine.

I really appreciate the support of my friends at Think Birdie and will post some
Pictures of these outstanding golf courses in Portugal when I get back to Canada.


Talk  to you soon

Mark Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment