Sunday, November 14, 2010

What would Lloyd say?

Although I work as a counsellor helping others, I also continue to use some counselling support for myself, to keep growing and stay fresh on my own journey. So in a recent session I had an insight into my childhood relationship with my mother, which to begin with made me a little mad. Who doesn't have 'issues' with parents no matter how old we are?

Anyway I thought I might have a 'big talk' with my mother to share some 'home truths', but then a new idea popped into my head: "What would Lloyd say?". Immediately I had my answer which was that I think he would appreciate his mother for all the loving things she has done, and the huge difference she had made in his life.

So I smiled and realised that more than anything else, my mother would love to hear what I appreciate about her and how much she means to me. And sharing those appreciations with her would be good not only for her but for me too. Thanks Lloyd!




No comments:

Post a Comment